Author Topic: Looking for a new farrier - any recommendations  (Read 1146 times)

Offline surfie01

• Miniature
Looking for a new farrier - any recommendations
« on: July 29, 2015, 10:19:15 AM »
My current farrier is very good but my horse isn't liking the way he's doing his hind feet. My horse is a little sensitive about them and I think would benefit from a gentler approach (and not the suggestion I put a twitch on).

So I'm looking for recommendations for a farrier that does shoes and preferably is on time. I'm in southside Canberra.

Offline Ricca

• Hack
Re: Looking for a new farrier - any recommendations
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2015, 11:52:02 AM »
I use Tom Laurie, always on time, if not early  ;D really happy with my boys feet, nice guy too  ;D

I will PM you his number  :)

Offline Super

• Galloway
« Reply #2 on: August 02, 2015, 09:48:59 AM »
Tom Smith - lovely lovely bloke and good at his job. Very gentle with my princesses. My big horse grooms him when he's trimming her. You can also have a sensible chat  with him.

Bloody hard to get hold of.

Clint Beresford is good as well and so is Tim McMullen. Tim is actually brilliant.

Offline Hannaleaa02

• Miniature
« Reply #3 on: October 06, 2015, 09:39:49 PM »
I recommend Ron Bancroft, recently moved to Canberra :) He is great with my big fella and I'm incredibly happy with his feet.
hannaleaa ?

Offline keep_calm

• Pony
« Reply #4 on: October 07, 2015, 11:59:00 AM »
I second Tom Laurie, he was always very gentle with my old horse being a princess about whatever she decided to have an issue with that day - and reliable, on time, did a good job, shoes always stayed on and he's always good for a chat :)