Author Topic: TARC "Have-a-Go-Gymkhana" Fundraiser Day for Pegasus  (Read 2238 times)

Offline JLG

• Pony
TARC "Have-a-Go-Gymkhana" Fundraiser Day for Pegasus
« on: April 16, 2013, 07:20:42 PM »
Pegasus, Riding for the Disabled, is a not-for-profit community organisation that provides equestrian activities for people with disabilities. They bring horses and people together to achieve their potential.

However, Pegasus and the ACT government are in last-minute negotiations to save the disabled riding school before it runs out of money and closes on June 30.

We're all keen to support Pegasus as much as we can so TARC is holding a fundraising day and all proceeds raised will be donated to them.

This is for TARC full members only and we're encouraging everyone to come along (no matter what experience your horse has or what level of rider you are) and just have a go at the different classes and activities being run.

Date and location is Sunday 26 May, at KPC Grounds, Hake St, Kambah.

We’re planning on a very relaxed, low key day, so please SAVE THE DATE… and come along and support this great fundraiser for Pegasus.

Schedule and further details available shortly.

Offline Rozzie

• Hack
Re: TARC "Have-a-Go-Gymkhana" Fundraiser Day for Pegasus
« Reply #1 on: April 16, 2013, 08:01:34 PM »
Would you like a garland donated? Happy to do one

Offline Ricca

• Hack
« Reply #2 on: April 16, 2013, 10:15:12 PM »
Would you like a garland donated? Happy to do one

Wow, a garland  :o

This will be my first ever competition with my new horse! I'm so excited  :squee: its been a long time in the planning for me  ;D

Offline JLG

• Pony
« Reply #3 on: April 18, 2013, 07:50:52 PM »
Rozzie... that is such a lovely offer and we'd love to take you up on it!! Thanks heaps!!

Margaret Morton, Pegasus ED, will be there on the day to hand out prizes so that will be great ... will get some good pics!

Let me know if you need any details or anything beforehand.

Cheers  :happy:

Offline JLG

• Pony
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2013, 02:53:59 PM »
The program and entry form for the TARC "Have-A-Go-Gymkhana" Pegasus Fundraiser that we're holding on Sun 26 May, at KPC Grounds, Hake St, Kambah, is now available @ http://www.tuggeranongarc.equestrian.org.au/default.asp?Page=17197

The focus of TARC is to support all level of horse and rider combination, no matter what riding or competition experience you have. So we’re encouraging people to come along and have a go and have some fun in a supportive environment.

There’s 3 different groups you can chose to compete in, with everyone having a chance of coming home with a ribbon.

There’s  also a  Jackpot Highpoint award, which is based on an accumulation of points that will be allocated throughout the day. A beautiful garland will be presented to the overall highest point scorer, with an encouragement award also available to some lucky competitor. :happybounce:

Margaret Morton, Pegasus Executive Director, is very excited about this event and is so thankful of our support. She’s looking forward to coming along and presenting these prizes.

This is a very relaxed event so no plaiting or wearing of jackets required  :clap:

ENTRIES CLOSE MON 20 MAY 2013.

Feel free to forward to family or friends and let them know that if they aren't yet a member, they can join now and look forward to participating in our upcoming events such as:

•   June: Kate Fenner Clinic & Club Day
•   July: Dressage Practise
•   August: Horse's Birthday Dinner
•   August: Casual Dressage Day
•   Sept: Showjumping
•   Oct: Volunteers Clinic
•   Oct: One Day Event Practise
•   Nov: One Day Event
•   Nov: Xmas Dinner Party
•   Dec: XC Party Games Day

Contact tarcnews@hotmail.com if you have any questions.

Offline JLG

• Pony
« Reply #5 on: May 14, 2013, 06:56:35 PM »
Just a reminder that entries for this event are due by COB Monday 20th May 2013.

If you (or someone you know) is able to donate some time to volunteer on the day, please get back to us ASAP as there are always jobs to be done :)

email: tarcnews@hotmail.com

On Tuesday 21st May, we will be contacting the ACT Government vet to obtain an update on the Strangles situation and if the decision to postpone the gymkhana is made, then refunds will be offered.

Program/Entry form @ http://www.tuggeranongarc.equestrian.org.au/default.asp?Page=17197

Offline JLG

• Pony
« Reply #6 on: May 21, 2013, 10:27:19 PM »
Hi Everyone,

A decision has been made to informalise the Gymkhana on Sunday and to run it more as a Gymkhana/Club Day.  All money raised will still be donated to Pegasus.

There will no longer be three groups, just groups one and two. (Refer to the Program/Entry form for the group details http://www.tuggeranongarc.equestrian.org.au/default.asp?Page=17197)

Morning tea and lunch will be provided.

Entries will be accepted until COB tomorrow, Wednesday 22nd May.

Offline L Thomas

• Miniature
« Reply #7 on: January 06, 2015, 01:29:39 PM »
Will this become an annual event on the TARC calendar for Pegasus? 
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Offline Ricca

• Hack
« Reply #8 on: January 06, 2015, 04:20:21 PM »
It's not on the upcoming calendar for this year.

I believe our fundraiser this year will be for Sids and Kids  ;D

Offline L Thomas

• Miniature
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2015, 06:41:33 PM »
Thanks Ricca.  Any idea what form the fundraiser will be?
All that is necessary for evil to succeed is for good men to do nothing - Edmund Burke (1729-1797)

Offline Ricca

• Hack
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2015, 08:56:39 PM »
I think it may be a red nose dressage day or similar  :)

Offline Andrew

• Hack
    • Andrew Hennell
« Reply #11 on: January 07, 2015, 08:20:45 AM »
Sids & Kids is a very worthwhile cause, but also benefits from high publicity and public support. Pegasus, on the other hand, does not. I'd love to see equestrian groups supporting Pegasus & RDA as much as possible.

Offline Baggy

• Hack
« Reply #12 on: January 07, 2015, 10:50:00 AM »
We've had requests from a member for another equine related fundraiser for another comp. I am hoping the member who is keen for this will tell us about it at the next meeting so we can decide if we fundraise for it. This fundraising is not for RDA.

I am running the dressage comp and Sids and Kids is close to my heart.

Anyone wanting to join the club and run a competition is welcome to encourage the club to include fundraising as part of it's comp.

We also have a member trying to raise money for an important overseas trip for health treatment that is not available here in Australia.
If we can get organised I hope our club can fundraise for this.

Pegasus has not approached us about making any event an annual event. I would imagine they would do so if the money we raised last time was important to them. Sids on the other hand have asked if we will run "red nose dressage" again.
“We must at all times remember poor performance from our horse is NOT an equine conspiracy, but a reflection of our ability to encourage and enlighten the horse to understand our bizarre requests of it.”

Offline taxi

• Miniature
« Reply #13 on: January 07, 2015, 11:07:11 AM »
I was privileged to able able to support the previous TARC fundraising event for Sids and Kids. A very worthwile cause. I hope the 2015 event is another great success.

Offline Smiggins

• Hack
« Reply #14 on: January 08, 2015, 12:54:07 PM »
When would the dressage day be?? Sounds like fun :)

Offline Ricca

• Hack
« Reply #15 on: January 08, 2015, 02:01:13 PM »
Dressage Day is booked in at Equestrian Park on the 5th July. It may be a combined showjumping day as well, but we need to nut out the details etc  :)