Author Topic: Mounted Games 5/6 Nov  (Read 1526 times)

Offline Taff Pony

• Hack
Mounted Games 5/6 Nov
« on: October 21, 2011, 05:45:52 PM »
Really quite keen to head along to this with Taffy... Anyone else know much about this? I've never done MG before, so would just go in the Saturday individuals day so there's no team to let down lol. I would be far from competitive lol.

Would there likely be many other MG first timers, or ones that won't hoon overly much? I'm hoping I wouldn't be the only one in the over 25's trotting about and trying to learn games on the day. I'm really just out to have a go and have some fun.
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Offline Darcassius

• Hack
Re: Mounted Games 5/6 Nov
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2011, 06:40:50 PM »
Where is it?

Offline Taff Pony

• Hack
« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2011, 06:55:48 PM »
Murrumbateman
Courage doesn't always roar. Sometimes courage is the little voice at the end of the day that says I'll try again tomorrow. ~Mary Anne Radmacher

Offline wild_spot

• Hack
« Reply #3 on: October 21, 2011, 07:19:30 PM »
There's always people going slow in vets, or people on young horses (I took Lucy in vets when she was being silly and even the people walking beat me!).

Everyone is really nice and helpful so don't be worried about it being your first time.

I would be there but it's the sane weekend as the branch ASH show over at gunning :(

Offline Taff Pony

• Hack
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2011, 07:28:39 PM »
Awesome!! I reckon it looks like awesome fun!!  :happy:

Just had images of me slowly trotting and forgetting what to do half way through, or taking ages just to park up close to a pole, while people zoom past me in a professional MG type way...  :D

Offline wild_spot

• Hack
« Reply #5 on: October 22, 2011, 06:39:25 AM »
Lol! The opens are pretty impressive, there are a few speedier ones in vets but there are always people just moseying through. Lots of the parents borrow kids horses and do the vets too.